Shopping for a new mattress can be overwhelming. When there are so many options to choose from, it might be difficult to know where to begin. The good news is that you can quickly cut down your search by concentrating on one major question: do you want a foam mattress or a spring mattress?
Let’s talk about the distinctions between foam mattresses and spring mattresses. The more you know about these two types of mattresses, the better-equipped you'll be to decide about which one is best for you.
(Polyurethane) polyfoam mattresses are a popular choice for online mattress buyers. More springy and bouncy than memory foam, polyfoam is often used on all-foam mattresses, as well as mattress toppers. It is also an ideal choice if you're looking for a mattress that provides both comfort and support at an inexpensive price.
Depending on the type or grade of polyfoam, these mattresses can provide pressure relief and comfort while still ensuring good spinal alignment and support.
NOTE: the higher the density, the better the performance and durability.
- Exceptional adaptability.
- Comfortable yet still supportive.
- Good pressure relief.
- Superior motion isolation to take into consideration the movements of your companion as you sleep
- Generally preferred by side-sleepers
- Does not have much bounce
- Luxury models can get expensive
- Some foam materials sleep hot, trapping body heat.
Spring mattresses are considered to be the most traditional type of mattress, as they have been around for decades. They come in a wide range of coil and spring types and provide bouncing support.
- Firm and responsive with a little bounce
- Superb airflow for a more comfortable night's sleep.
- Generally preferred by back sleepers
- Poor motion isolation performance.
- Springs have the potential to create a lot of noise.
- With cheaper versions, sagging is more common.
Which is best?
There is no apparent “best” or “worst” choice between foam and spring beds. Rather, it's worth asking which one is best for you and your needs.Each type of mattress has its own advantages and disadvantages, making them more suitable for different types of sleepers on a general level.
Astro Foam offers both conventional and high density mattresses that are constructed using safe and quality materials. WE DON'T USE filler chemicals for our foam. There’s also no unpleasant chemical odor. We only produce 100% pure quality foam to ensure a high level of comfort and support whether you are a side sleeper, back sleeper, or stomach sleeper.